Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows, Alan Bradley



With finances running low, Colonel de Luce agrees to transform Buckshaw Manor into a movie set over Christmas. Caught between wanting to avoid these high profile visitors, and having late night private chats with them, Flavia de Luce overhears secrets, discovers scandals, and gets caught right in the middle of a jealous revenge plot. Although Flavia desperately wants to beat the investigators to the bottom of this surprising murder, she also is highly concerned with ensnaring Saint Nicholas on Christmas Eve and proving to her sisters that he really does exist. Her split focus causes her to overlook important details and she finds herself staring death in the face. 

This may be my favorite Flavia de Luce novel. I absolutely loved it. Flavia + Christmas + high profile  movie stars? Yes please. I loved this book. And there were no dead babies. I can't swallow murdered babies very well, which spoiler alert, book 2 and 3 have those. This one however, was brilliant, fantastic, a page turner and every other positive compliment one could contrive. I read it in 2 days; I couldn't even help it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment